A horrifying number of accidents are caused each year by people innocently using defective products. Whether the defective product accident resulted from negligence in the design of the product, its manufacturing, or its instructions, the results are the same: an avoidable accident that resulted in injury.
Some examples of commonly defective products include:
- Airbag Deployment Failure
- Automobile Gas Tanks Catching Fire
- Ladders Collapsing
- Defective Medical Devices
- Defective Drugs
If you or someone close to you has been injured or killed by a defective product, the Law Offices of 1-800-EZEZ-LAW, offers its sincere condolences. In addition to our sympathy, however, we can also offer the services of a product liability lawyer who will fight on your behalf to correct the injustice.
Many products are designed without regard to the real life situations under which they will be used, and when a product is used as directed and still causes an injury or death, the manufacturer can be at fault. We trust that every care has been used in the design and production of the products we use, and when that trust is betrayed, it is not our fault. When a car rolls over if it is in a common accident, when a medication such as Vioxx creates additional conditions, when a faulty switch results in an electrical accident, and in every other case where a product can be shown to be defective, a personal injury attorney with our firm can help set things right.
If a defective product causes an accident that results in injury, product liability laws require that the designers, manufacturers, and/or retailers pay for medical costs, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and/or other related compensatory payouts. It is their responsibilty to provide adequate compensation for any damage done to the user of said products.
These products are trusted by the people and as such are expected to be in safe working order. Using a product that we place faith in and in turn harms us, is a serious breach of trust and any suffering incurred because of this will not go unpayed.Seeking an attorney to help you gain what you deserve in terms of compensation is your best option to ensuring you are not being looke over or taken advantage of.
Generally, to prove a product liability claim, certain facts must be proven including:
- Manufacturer Defects – Defects incurred during the manufacturing of a product.
- Design Defects – Defects due to a design error.
- Failure-To-Warn Marketing Defects – Failure to alert consumers of possibly dangerous aspects of the product.
Furthermore, there are three separate general theories upon which legal action can be taken with regards to product liability:
- Negligence – If a manufacture or retailer failed to exercise reasonable care in notifying a consumer of possible dangers relating to a product then that party may be held liable for any injuries that are incurred.
- Breach of Warranty – If a manufacturer or retailer breaches a warranty, an injured consumer may be able to receive compensation for any injuries that were due to the breach.
- Strict Products Liability – If a product is defective, the defect was there before a manufacturer released the product, and the defect resulted in a consumer being injured or involved in an accident, then the consumer may receive compensation for any damages that were incurred.
- Poor Design
- Lack of Proper Warnings
- Bad or Unifromative Instructions
- Negligent Installation
- Improper Maintenance
- Faulty Construction and Assembly
- Poor Repair
- Damage due to Delivery
- Hazardous Materials Implemented in Construction
- Fraudulent Testing and Improper Diagnosing
It may not be your first thought to consider taking advantage of our offer for a free consultation, but we advise you to contact us as soon after any product-related injury as you can. Accepting or signing a proposal from an insurance company or the company responsible for the defective product can severely hamper your chances of receiving a full compensation for medical expenses, financial hardships, or your pain and suffering. We will make sure that every aspect of your case is completely investigated so that your case can be presented in the strongest possible way, and that your compensation is the highest possible.
Please give us the chance to be your champion, your partner, and your strong and injured voice. It’s what we do while you concentrate on recovering.